Dearborn Paranormal Research Society Of Michigan (DPRSM) Eloise

Dearborn Paranormal Research Society Of Michigan (DPRSM) Eloise

119 Views
Published
The history of Eloise actually begins in Detroit where a vote of the people on March 8, 1832, under the name of Wayne County Poor House, named the institution County House Infirmary. It was then located on Gratiot and Mt Elliott Avenues. After the county purchased The Black Horse Tavern, a Detroit-Chicago Stagecoach stop in 1839. This became the location of the second County Poor House. Of the 146 people living in the original Poor House, only 35 transferred to the new location. The other 111 refused to go into what was than mostly wilderness. Eloise is often referred to as Eloise Sanatorium, Eloise Hospital or even The Crazy Hospital. The Sanatorium was applied when the hospital opened a out-door treatment center for tubercular patients. The name Eloise Hospital was adopted by the Board of Superintendents of the Poor on August 18, 1911. It would later become, again, The Wayne County Asylum. The term "Eloise" was originally used because the United States Government set the Post Office located in the general office building and it was named Eloise. Later the name Eloise was applied to the Michigan Central Railroad depot here, the American Express Company located here, and the Detroit, Ypsilanti & Ann Arbor road, all became known with the name Eloise attached.

We Would Like to Thank Wayne County Mary The Admin, And D Farmer For the time to Talk to Us on the Phone
Erik CEO Dearborn Paranormal Research Society Of Michigan (DPRSM)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dearborn-Paranormal-Research-Society-Of-Michigan-DPRSM/425744197473340?notif_t=page_new_likes
Category
PARANORMAL VIDEOS FROM OTHER COUNTRIES
Sign in or sign up to post comments.
Be the first to comment