The Ghostly Happenings at The mansion House

The Ghostly Happenings at The mansion House

46 Views
Published
The Mansion House ( Originally Known as Grove House) Was built in 1890 as a family home for a man named James Howell. James Howell designed a house that could be divided, possibly to provide self-contained homes for two of his children after his death or simply to make it easier to sell. Cardiff Corporation purchased the house in December 1912 and the new Mansion House was officially opened on 13 October 1913 by the then Lord Mayor Alderman Morgan Thomas, J.P. Built with two imposing front doors, function rooms lead off from the main hallway with its magnificent staircase which is lit by a large north-facing window, which, like the hall doors is decorated with hand-chased glass. The interior has retained much of its original features, notably the extensive use of carved and inlaid woodwork, both in the fine staircase, the fireplaces and the pair of full-length mirrors which face each other in the hallway. On the first floor are The Lord Mayor's former private apartment and four en-suite guest bedrooms, which have hosted distinguished visitors from around the world. A major refurbishment of the building took place in 1998, prior to the European Council meeting, to restore the house to its former glory.
Ghostly Apparitions, dark shadows and disembodied voices are a common occurrence here at the Mansion, Drastic sudden temperature changes to the point of people claiming to see their own breathe, Violent noises are often heard coming from within empty and locked off rooms which once housed the servants here. Large paintings are said to be moved here when nobody is present inside the building. Are you ready to see who haunts this location ?
https://www.paranormaleyeuk.co.uk/mansion-house-august-2021
Sign in or sign up to post comments.
Be the first to comment