Patterson House is a real haunted house located in Winchester, CA.
The Patterson House was built in 1891 to
replace a former adobe structure. The house
measures 30 feet by 30 feet and is constructed
of brick. The house is presently owned by The WINCHESTER HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF PLEASANT VALLEY. The house is the oldest private residence still standing it what is now known as the community of Winchester. The Patterson family, John, wife Maria, daughters Tilla, Ida, and Jessie, and son Clarence arrived in what was known as Rockhouse in 1883. They had traveled from Yountville through Los Angeles to come to their new home. The area they settled in was soon to become known as Pleasant Valley and later in 1887 as Winchester. As they passed through Los Angeles Maria gathered pepper tree seeds which she planted at their new home. Some of these trees are still standing today. The family would soon become very influential in many aspects of the communities growth and prosperity.